Job Title: Commercial Construction Project Engineer
About Us: Martone Construction is a commercial interiors general contractor specializing in corporate renovation projects in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We focus on professional growth in a collegial office environment. We are always looking for new team members that are self-motivated, dedicated and have strong critical thinking skills that we believe are essential in today’s commercial construction industry.
Why Work For Us: You will find that you quickly learn and grow at Martone Construction. With direct experience and greater exposure to all aspects of a project, you will be able to take on more responsibility as you rapidly progress to an assistant project manager position. It is our strong commitment to client satisfaction that keeps us at the forefront of this evolving industry. Our projects are innovative and award-winning. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your growth in the commercial construction industry and work with a team of dedicated and driven professionals.
Position Summary: The Project Engineer supports the Assistant Project Manager (APM) and Project Manager (PM) with multiple projects, and provides technical and administrative assistance in scheduling, subcontractor coordination and general project administration.
Martone Construction’s approach puts the client in the center of an exceptional partnership based on commitment, value, and performance. We expect each team member at Martone Construction to uphold these values in every aspect of his or her work.
- Assist APMs and PMs in every aspect of a project from estimating through close-out, ensuring that clients are satisfied with every detail
- Proactively build relationships with clients, subcontractors and Martone Construction team members
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of each project
- Research and initiate suggestions for improving company processes; demonstrate a relentless commitment to evolving and moving forward
- Work with APMs, PMs and on-site superintendents to deliver the highest quality projects and total customer satisfaction
- Assist the estimating department in budgeting and bidding to ensure we offer our clients the most competitive price
- Prepare and track all construction documentation to ensure projects stay on schedule and on budget
- Collaborate with accounting team for payment processing and always follow up
- Monitor the progress of each project to ensure that construction personnel adhere to safety plan and all construction processes
Communication Skills: You care about your clients and your teammates. You build and maintain solid relationships by listening and navigating different situations with good judgment. You are able to handle conflict and possess excellent problem solving skills.
Self-Starter and Accountable: You hold yourself to a high level of integrity and trustworthiness. You take pride in your work and take responsibility for yourself. You are proactive and comfortable working independently as well as with others.
- Minimum 2 years of college credit required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering or another relevant field
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- High sense of urgency to work independently and able to prioritize assignments, while remaining effective in a highly-functioning team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently and work under pressure to meet required deadlines
- Thrives in fast-paced environment where a proactive attitude is a necessity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
This is a full time salaried position. Martone Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.
Additional Note: The above is intended to describe the general nature of and requirements for this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, knowledge and skills associated with the position.
Martone Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.